A Popped Lotus Seed Snack
Popped Lotus Seeds are the seeds of Euryale Ferox, a water lily plant that grows in Mithila region of India.
Recommended by the ancient Indian holistic healing science of Ayurveda, Makhana are eaten by yogis, for centuries in India. This delicious roasted plant-based superfood has a light and crunchy puff texture somewhat similar to pop corn.
With no cholesterol and a low glycemic index, Makhana helps the heart, strengthens the bones and is also a great source of nourishment to promote weight loss in the body.
How Makhana is made?
It takes a good amount of effort for converting the hard seeds of lotus to crunchy, light and delicious makhana snack.
- First seeds are collected from the lotus plant
- The seeds are dried and are popped at high temperatures to convert it into beautiful ball shaped makhana
- Makhana are then sorted, cleaned and graded
- Makhana are then slow roasted for extra crunch and mixed with olive oil, yogic herbs and spices
- Vola! Your delicious FoodYoga Makhana snack is ready
- Gluten Free
- Protein Rich
- Non GMO
and its great for Yoga
Packed with antioxidants and topped with yogic herbs, this make FoodYoga Makhana snack great for your yoga nutrition.
To make it more awesome we have made added additional nutrition benefit by altering the herbs.
- Antioxidant Makhana (with golden turmeric)
- Omega3 Makhana (with flax & chia seeds)
- Ashwagandha Makhana (with brahmi)
They all taste delicious
And if you don't believe us you can read what ChatGPT has to say about Makhana unique features-
- They are low in calories and high in protein.
- They are gluten-free and vegan.
- They are rich in antioxidants and minerals such as magnesium and potassium.
- They are good for the heart as they help regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- They are good for digestion as they are high in fiber.